اشتباهات رایج در زبان انگلیسی – بخش دوم
به منظور درک بهتر ، همزمان با مطالعه مطالب به فایل صوتی زیرکه حاوی توضیحات تکمیلی میباشد گوش کنید. اگر به کلمه ای در متن برخوردید که معنی آن را متوجه نمیشوید، از یک دیکشنری معتبر مثل oxfordو یا long man برای چک کردن معنی آن استفاده کنید تا ابهامات ذهنتان برطرف شده و توضیحات را کاملا متوجه شوید.
Basic mistakes to avoid part 2
|1. I’ll phone you when I will arrive.||I’ll phone you when I arrive.|
|2. I’m not believing him.||I don’t believe him.|
|3. I am born in Chicago.||I was born in Chicago.|
|4. My sister has 15 years.||My sister is 15 (years old)|
|5. I have cold in this house.||I am cold in this house.|
- In subordinate clauses, we usually use present tenses instead of will/shall.
Example: I will fix your car when I get to the garage.
- The verb ‘believe’ is a non- progressive verb so it can not be used with (ing). Example:
I like this music. (NOT I’m liking this music.)
I rang her up because I needed to talk to her. (NOT… because I was needing to talk.)
some common non-progressive verbs are listed below:
Believe, doubt, feel (=have an opinion), hate, imagine, know, (dis)like, love, prefer, realise, recognize, remember, see(understand), suppose, think(have an opinion), understand, want, wish,…
- To talk about coming into the world at birth, we use the passive expression ‘to be born’.
- Hundreds of children are born deaf every year.
To give a place or date of birth, we use the simple past passive: was/were.
- I was born in 1936. (NOT I am born in 1936)
- My parents were born in Scotland.
- We most often talk about people’s ages with be + number
- He is thirty. (NOT He has thirty.)
Or be + number years old (more formal: … of age).
- He is thirty years old / of age. (NOT … thirty years.)
*We ask how old are you?, not normally what is your age?
- To talk about experiencing hunger, thirst, heat, cold and certain other common physical conditions, we normally use be (or feel) + adjective, not have + noun. Note the following expressions:
Be hungry (not have hunger) be thirsty be warm
Be hot be cold be sleepy be afraid
Be right be wrong be lucky